Monday, August 15, 2011

Guy I'm dating got a DWI -- red flag? deal breaker?

Just started dating a really great guy this week. We've known each other for 2 months but had our first kiss on New Year's Eve in the movie theatre. Lots of affectionate hand holding as well. Nothing more happened. It was a very sweet, innocent, and romantic evening! That was also our first "date", although we've hung out on several other occasions. I sent him a thank you text the next day, to which he responded by calling and saying how sweet my note was. There's a real possibility for a great relationship to develop here. Last night he called me and while we were talking told me that he got a DWI 2 months ago, just before we met. It was his 1st DWI and 1st brush with the law. He was VERY fearful of telling me, worried that I wouldn't want to see him anymore. When he explained all the cirstances to me, I told him apart from the momentary lapse in judgment, I don't think it's a big deal. He was surprised at how well I took it. I'm wondering, however, if it IS a red flag?

No comments:

Post a Comment